Field trips and day excursions provide experiential activities for students that enable them to better appreciate what they have learnt through the curriculum. The hands-on discovery and application of knowledge not only help them to understand the world in which we live, but also are important elements in building character and forging relationships. These activities create links between the classroom and the external world and provide opportunities to generate questions that underlie our daily perspectives.
An Overview of Residential Trips for 2016-2017
Quinson, Alpes de Haute-Provence, France
Pre-history, mapping, teamwork
|7||Performing Arts, Peira Cava||Theater, Music, Art||Creating, directing and performing a Musical Show. Teamwork|
|8||Cortona, Florence, Pisa & Siena, Italy||History & Art||Hands-on experiential learning of the Italian Renaissance|
*This residential trip is optional.
Examples of day excursions for Middle School students
- Sailing and Snorkeling - PE, marine biology, and geography enrichment, Nice region
- Trips to Roman ruins in Cimiez, Nice
- Local theatre productions, cinema and Foundation Maeght
- Local museums including Chagall, Matisse, Renoir, and Picasso Museums; Villa Kerylos, Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild
- Science and Environmental awareness days – Urban studies, Science fairs
- Sports days competing against local or regional international schools, ski trips to the local Alps
We would be very happy to answer any further questions about your child's program at ISN. Please contact either:
Eve Therrien, Middle School Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org